Thursday, December 22, 2011

The return of Joey the Elf!

I can't believe I didn't post about Joey the Elf!! I thought I had and now see that it did not post! oops! By now most of you have probably heard of the book, Elf on The Shelf. If you have not,it is about an elf that comes after Thanksgiving to watch over children. Each night he(or she) reports back to Santa on the childs behavior. As soon as the elf comes, you have to name it. Ours is named Joey. He usually comes the day after Thanksgiving but was a bit late since Liams b-day was such a big deal. This year I found the cutest idea on a blog I stalk, I mean follow. The site it at http://happylifecraftywife.com/?p=1039 and after looking at it, I totally knew I was going to do something similar to it! A party for Joey the Elfs return! How fun, right?? Tamara is way more crafty than I and you could see it in every awesome detail! I mean, her party was kickin!. The pjs alone are to die for! She takes beautiful photos, you have to check her out!! (really, everything she does is absolutely gorgeous!!) So,the day after Liam's b-day bash, I decorated the table and had milk, "snownuts"(powdered doughnuts), and chocolates on it. There was a coloring book, some foam crafts, a santa lantern and even a letter from Joey!! Liam loved it! It was really cool!
Every morning we look for Joey as he is in a different place each morning. He has been on the Christmas tree, on the couch, on our curio cabinet can, etc...It is a challenge to think of spots to set him as he is tough to bend! Seriously, he is constantly slipping off where ever he has been placed and is not very pliable! They totally need to make his body more barbie-like! Aside from the weird body and kinda scary stalkerish face, he is pretty cool! So, if you have a small child, I totally recommend the book. Although after Joey leaves, I am totally in for it. What else am I going to bribe him with to behave??? He is scared to death to misbehave for fear of Joey telling Santa! LOL Wish it would work for the teenager who as I write this is getting picked up by her father since she was caught at an underage drinking party and the cops called! AHHHH!!!! Well, I am off to find another spot for Joey since the little dude is at least safe and tucked into bed(ok, and when I mean safe I mean not out playing beer pong!lol)Good Night!

2 comments:

  1. Cute!! Have a merry Christmas

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinking funby. It is 5:45am and I am balling over here reading your post.
    I want one of those elves. I would have a blast with it. Where do you get them at? That is really a good way to bribe your kids. Too bad it doesn't work for teenagers. I would have not one but 10 for each child. LOL. I a sure Liam is having a blast with it.
    Have you been naughty or nice? I hope Santa brings you everything on your list. I make one and I am doing really well so far.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Wishing you and your family and very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete